Alhaji Sola Isiaka Gold
Secretary to the State Government
Alhaji Sola Isiaka Gold was born November 30, 1957 in Ilorin, Kwara State.He attended Ansarul Islam Primary School, Ilorin from 1963 to 1970 where he obtained his primary school leaving certificate. In the year 1971, he was admitted in to Government Secondary School Ilorin and finished in the year 1975. Alhaji Isiaka Gold attended the University of Benin, Benin City from 1980 to 1982 where he obtained a Barchelor degree in Education Science (Biology) and in 1989 he obtained his Masters degree in Education Science from the University of Ilorin. After attaining his Masters degree from the University of Ilorin, he proceeded to Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto from 1993 to 1995 where he attained a Master of Business Administration degree.
Alhaji Isiaka Gold was made the Chief Personnel Officer (Finance & Supply), Ministry of Information, Social Development, Youth, Sports and Culture in Ilorin in the year 1996 to 1999. He later became the Chief Administrative Officer (Finance) for the Ministry of Women Affairs, Ilorin in the year 1999 – 2000. In the year 2000 to 2003, Alhaji Isiaka Gold was the assistant Director of Protocol, Protocol directorate, Government House Ilorin and later became the Assistant Director (Establishment & Pension), office of the Head of service, Ilorin between the year 2003 and 2005.
In the year 2005 to 2006, he was the executive secretary, state pension board, Ilorin and later became the Sole administrator, Oyun Local Government, Ilemona in the year 2006 to 2007. Alhaji Isiaka Gold was made the permanent secretary (General Services),
Governor’s Office Ilorin in the year 2007 to 2009 and was trasferred to the Kwara State Liason office, Abuja where he became the Permanent secretary from the year 2009 to 2011. In the year 2011, he was appointed as the Secretary to the State Government under the administration of Alhaji Dr. Abdulfatah Ahmed, the executive Governor of Kwara State.
Some of the positions and responsibilities held by Alhaji Isiaka Gold are as follows;
- Secretary, Local Government Election Monitoring Team, Ilorin West Local Government, March 1996.
- Secretary, Kwara State Government Book Writing Project, Ministry of Education, Ilorin, 1992 – 1993.
- Acting Deputy Director, Curriculum Division, Ministry of Education, Ilorin, 1992.
- Secretary Committee on improved condition of service for Magistrates in Kwara State, February, 2004.
- Secretary Committee on ways of settling outstanding Liabilities on Pensions and Gratuities in Kwara State, October, 2005.
- Secretary Committee on the Review of Minimum Wage in Kwara State, March, 2006.
- Secretary Board of Trustees of Michael Sunday Agboola Foundation, 2005.
- Member, Committee on Domestication of Civil Service Books in Kwara State, 2006.
- Member, Local Government Pensions Board, Ilorin, 2006.
- Member, Presidential Committee on the Review of Tariffs and Fiscal Incentives, Abuja, 2010.
- Secretary, PDP Presidential Reconciliation Committee, Abuja, 2011.
- Member Board of Directors, New Nigeria Development Company, Kaduna, 2011 to date.
- Chairman, Committee on the Review of the Performance of the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in line with the Medium Term Sectoral Strategy (MTSS). 2012.
- Alternate Chairman, Implementation Committee on Kwara State Agricultural Modernisation Master Plan (KAMP), 2012.
- President Zehr Club, Ilorin, 1985 – 1987.
- Member, Ilorin Descendant Progressive Union (IDPU), Sokoto Branch, 1993 – 1995.
- Chairman, MBA Students Association Revenue Mobilization, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, April 1995.
He is happily married with four children.